Christian: Don’t dam the flow

A lot has happened since my last journal update, so this is going to be a little bit more summary than explanation. The decision was made that the AI we had was too clunky for our task, so we changed to using behavior trees. Behavior trees work excellently for both the size and scope of our project. Next up we started on redesigning the dialog system. Originally, the dialog was going to require only a yes or no from the player. However, we decided that a type of item based dialog would be best, so I have begun overhauling the dialog to allow for item-speech interactions, as well as more branching. Two of my main goals for the overhauled system are to improve the way the dialog database selects dialog, and to improve how dialog is created. We’ll see how it goes, but the first steps on the upgrade have gone well.